About McLaughlin Consulting
Over 20 years experience helping leaders…
Over 12,000 hours facilitating change…
" Rich’s true gift is in his facilitation skills. He knows how to engage and challenge an audience. He has been the best consultant I have worked with... "
Rich has over 20 years experience helping leaders develop their teams more effectively and find simpler ways to engage employees and tap their wisdom to innovate operations and explore new business opportunities. He has over 12, 000 hours facilitating change efforts, new leader assimilations, process improvement projects, and innovation workshops. Rich worked as an instructional designer, change management consultant, TQM training manager and an organization effectiveness manager at Accenture, Square D Company and Baxter Healthcare respectively.
I believe that:
- 99% of people come to work everyday trying to do their best, but the system gets in the way.
- Things like “work” and “change” do not need to be painful. Rather, a playful group tends to have better customer interactions, is more innovative, has more fun and stays longer than others .
- When given the whole story, most people will do what’s right for the organization over their own self-interest.
- Commitment and compliance are two different animals.
- A more attractive future state is a better way to change behavior than fear-based approaches.
- You need good data to make your change case, but if you don’t connect people emotionally to what your trying to do, the change has little chance of succeeding.
- Authentic conversations are always more powerful than speeches, but are not the norm in many organizations.
Below is a partial client list: